Our Junior (under 18) membership fluctuates from year to year but we normally have a good mixture of youngsters from age eleven upwards with mixed ability levels.
Many of our Juniors are accomplished players who play in our Haslemere League teams and go on to become active adult members of the Club.
We have the following initiatives to encourage Junior members to aspire to become better players and continue Table Tennis into their adult lives:
- Skills Award Scheme - Our Monday "Club" night early session incorporates some basic coaching for those who want it.
This is a skills award scheme which we have developed and which aims to take beginners and turn them into competent players.
Consisting of Bronze, Silver and Gold awards, and through our qualified club coaches, we give the junior player an opportunity to
develop their potential and become serious table tennis players.
- Petersfield Annual Tournament - Each year in September the Club organises an Internal Junior (Handicapped) Tournament with perpetual Trophies.
- Challenge matches with other Clubs - This year (2023) we have started to arrange "Challenge" friendly matches with other Clubs, initially Fernhurst.
- Junior League - From time to time the Haslemere League organises a Junior Winter League with teams from several local Clubs taking part.
- Haslemere Junior Tournament - Each year in May the Haslemere League organises an annual Tournament with perpetual Trophies.
We have had some success in this over the years. (See the HDTTA Honours page).